Immigrants and refugees in the United States face many challenges when attempting to access healthcare, including a lack of clear guidance on when and how to access care and obtain health insurance. While the process of obtaining insurance varies depending on a person’s current legal status, all immigrants and refugees can receive healthcare regardless of whether or not they have health insurance.
Resources in WA
Below are links to health-related resources in Washington state. If you’re looking for COVID-19 resources, click here.
- Locate a Community Health Center near you
- Check out SeaMar’s specialized healthcare services for Latinos
- Explore the Somali Health Board’s offerings
- Check out Community Partners that offer specialized services for immigrants and refugees
- Doctors for Immigration Video
- Find information on integrating cultural information into clinical practice on EthnoMed
Reviewed on 12/12/2022